|Solid experience in building strong brands to support a stronger business!|
Corporate and entrepreneurial spirit spanning the US, Latin America and Europe with some of the most exciting fortune 100 packaged goods companies. As CEO of Stock Spirits Group USA, Inc. during the height of the economic crisis consolidated two operating units in the US market, returning it to profitable growth, and ultimately selling it for $90m. Lead the merger of the marketing function in Spain for Bacardi-Martini $200m in sales, development and execution of the global holistic strategy for the Tequila category at Seagram in New York $100m in sales, and managed and launched brand/business successes at Pepsi International and Colgate Palmolive.
As CEO built brand valuation to $90m, 4x increase in value, Spear headed innovative approaches across various product categories; Spirits and Soft drinks, Soaps and all-purpose cleaners, Health and Beauty Aids, Confectionery products, Financial Services and Government Agencies.
Strategic planning, P&L management (us$75-225m in revenue), 360o Consumer Outreach with Advertising Campaigns (all categories), Consumer Promotional campaigns (all categories), New Product development (all categories), Portfolio Development (Spirits, Soaps, Soft drinks) Building functional teams; Manufacturing, Finance, Legal, Customer service, IT, Leading and inspiring teams to explore innovative and unique approaches to address a more demanding mindset and complex business environment. Managing business and market complexity tequila category 1700% cog increase, supply chain issues, pricing sensitivities and growing demand!
- General Management, CEO experience at Stock Spirits Group USA, Inc.
- US and Global P&L responsibility, including managing company transitions at Bacardi Martini in Spain, and the Seagram Spirits and Wine Group in NY
- Operational Experience includes building strategic alliances, cross-functional teams, portfolio development and new business opportunities at Pepsi International, Bacardi-Martini, The Seagram Spirit and Wine Group, and Colgate-Palmolive.
- Effectively managing bottom-line deliverables in complex business environments.
- Brand Strategy and New Product Development experience with brand leaders including Pepsi, Don Julio, etc.
- Entrepreneurial experience includes launching Tequila business in US, Int’l (UK, Germany)
- Board experience on NYSE public company, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Puerto Rico
- Client-Ad agency experience at country, regional and headquarter level
|In the Business of Building Brands not the other way around!|
Build cross-functional team that will assist in defining and quantifying the opportunity and benefits for tomorrow. Keen understanding of the importance of the financial components in delivering value along the value chain (grid)
Brand/business specialist that thrives on the value of change in building a unique and ownable competitive advantage. The same will be generated from consumer insights and trade studies.
Delivers the business today and sets it up for tomorrow, Strong belief that ultimately our rewards should be based strictly on performance, (1)what the team accomplishes and, (2) what the business delivered in the industry, area, geography that we are investing in.